FishPopTrace is an international project aiming at the construction of a Pan-European framework, built on advanced technologies, for product traceability and policy related monitoring, control and surveillance (MCS) in the fisheries sector.
Pursuing a holistic approach, FishPopTrace can contribute to fisheries management and conservation measures in line with the global attempt to move towards sustainable fisheries.
The FishPopTrace project final report was delivered in July 2011. The project produced a number of outputs including, but not limited to its list of publications, numerous media appearances, and data acess facilities, including an interactive geographic map browser. Further details can be read about the project's objectives on the about page.
In April 2012 The United Kingdom government launched a project that aims to directly utilize the outputs of FishPopTrace to address fish traceability issues. This new project, entitled 'Genetic traceability tools for the origin assignment of commercial fish and fish products. (FA0118)' is described in the FPT Legacy section of this website.
To identify the consortium members simply move over the stars:
- UWB University of Wales Bangor
- DIFRES.DTU Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Technical University
- UNIPD University of Padova
- NOAA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- UCM Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- K.U.Leuven Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- UNIBO Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna
- UiB University of Bergen
- DG JRC
- DG JRC European Commission-Joint Research Centre
- UNI.HB University of Bremen
- TRACE Wildlife Forensics Network
- IFREMER DAcpartement Sciences & Techniques Alimentaires Marines
- NAGREF National Agricultural Research Foundation
- ANFACO-CECOPESCA Spanish National Foundation of Fish and Seafood
- AU University of Aarhus
- VNIRO The Centre of Molecular Genetic Identification
Satellite Image Copyright (2001) EUMETSAT
is funded by the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme
under grant agreement n° KBBE-212399
in the area of "Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology".
If you encounter problems, please contact us